Car crashes into tree in Ipswich’s Nacton Road
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Firefighters cut the roof off a car in Ipswich last night to free a teenage girl following a collision.
A Nissan Micra is understood to have crashed into a BT electricity pole and a tree in Nacton Road at around 10.30pm yesterday.
A 17-year-old girl was left trapped in the vehicle and had to be released by fire crews.
The motorist was not believed to have been seriously injured.
A police spokesman said there may have been another vehicle involved in the incident, but the details were unclear.
You may also want to watch:
Three fire crews - two from Ipswich East and one from Ipswich Princes Street - were sent to the scene.
The ambulance service was also in attendance.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 4 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 5 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 6 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 Ed Sheeran self-isolating after testing positive for Covid
The crash happened outside a Tesco Express store.
The Nissan was recovered from the scene at around 12.20am today.
The police spokesman said no arrests had been made and an investigation would be carried out.