Car crashes through living room window
A CAR has crashed through the living room window of a house in Bramford.
BRAMFORD: A car has crashed through the living room window of a house in Walnut Tree Close.
The driver of the green Vauxhall Astra was taken to Ipswich Hospital suffering from head injuries after the collision at 9am, in which a Ford Escort and a white Renault Clio were also damaged.
Linda Harvey, the owner of the house, was in the garden at the time of the crash, which has caused devastation in her front room.
She said: “It's just lucky that no one was in that room when it happened - it sounded like a bomb had gone off in my house.
You may also want to watch:
“I was in the garden and just heard the impact and went inside to find a massive puff of smoke and all I could think was that there had been a gas explosion or something - then I saw the car half way through my living room.”
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance Trust said that an 81-year-old man was taken to hospital with head injuries but had been alert and conscience when paramedics arrived on scene.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 5 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 6 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 7 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 8 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 10 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
Structural engineers have been called to make the building safe.