Car fire family left in fear
A FAMILY have today said they fear for their lives after their car was torched outside their Ipswich home.The family of four from Forfar Close, off Renfrew Road, watched in horror as their car burst into flames last night.
A FAMILY have today said they fear for their lives after their car was torched outside their Ipswich home.
The family of four from Forfar Close, off Renfrew Road, watched in horror as their car burst into flames last night.
The blaze, which is believed to have been started by arsonists, destroyed the car and has left the family determined to move out of their home of eight years.
The car's owner, who did not want to be named, said she was grateful that the fire had not spread to the home she shares with her husband, daughter and son.
She said: “I was woken up by the flames. They were really bright and it was a bit scary, like a fireball.
“I don't want to stay here because I feel we're being targeted.
- 1 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 2 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 3 Plans for flats in former Ipswich pub progress
- 4 Baby porpoise washes up at Suffolk beach
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 Lane on A14 reopens after severe delays on Orwell Bridge
- 7 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
- 8 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 9 Caribbean trailer to open soon in town centre
- 10 Matchday Live: Needham Market v Ipswich Town team news and updates
“It is horrible because next time it could be the house that goes up in flames.
“The car is ruined and I don't have any way to take my daughter to college or son to school.
“It is insured but I'm not sure I want to have another car here as it might happen again.”
Yesterday The Evening Star revealed how firebugs had torched three sheds in the Stoke area of Ipswich.
Have you been the victim of arsonists? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com.