Car catches fire outside Morrisons store in Ipswich
- Credit: Jen Barrett
Dramatic pictures show a car engulfed in flames at a Morrisons supermarket in Ipswich.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service said one crew from Princes Street station was called to the store's car park in Sproughton Road at 10.47am on Friday.
A spokesman for the fire service said: "On arrival, the crew found one car well alight.
"Two firefighters in breathing apparatus quickly extinguished the fire and a stop to the incident was called at 11:11am."
Suffolk police confirmed officers also attended the scene and said there were no reported injuries as a result of the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are currently investigating the cause of the fire.
A spokesman for Suffolk police added: "Officers along with the fire service are at the location in Sproughton Road at the Morrison’s supermarket car park.
- 1 Air ambulance lands in Ipswich park to assist with medical emergency
- 2 Town’s old electricity building has ‘proud’ new owner
- 3 First lockdown restrictions lifted today - what can you do now?
- 4 'Essex Boys' killer released from prison to live in Suffolk
- 5 Car flips onto roof on A14 near Ipswich in early hours of morning
- 6 Plans unveiled for permanent traffic ban on Ipswich Waterfront
- 7 What does £400k buy if you are house hunting in Suffolk?
- 8 Concern over missing Suffolk teenager
- 9 Suffolk solicitor says new evidence fuels Ipswich Town takeover rumours
- 10 Mum separated from baby by nearly 50 miles after Covid birth trauma
"Officers at currently at the scene making initial enquiries as to the cause. Police at this stage do not believe that anyone has been hurt."