Car gets stuck on roundabout traffic island in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A car became stuck on a traffic island close to the Duke Street roundabout in Ipswich last night.
A police spokesman said officers were called to the scene near the University of Suffolk at around 10.24pm.
He when officers arrived they found a silver Toyota Aygo had become stranded on the island.
He said: “We were called to the incident close to the Duke Street roundabout.
“We got the car started but couldn’t get it off the roundabout.
You may also want to watch:
“We asked for recovery for the vehicle early on at around 10.40pm.
“At around midnight the vehicle was recovered.
- 1 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 2 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 3 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 4 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 5 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 6 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 7 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 8 Anger at 'death trap' road in Pinewood
- 9 High winds close Ipswich festival event temporarily
- 10 Ipswich woman who punched partner in face is ordered to pay compensation
“The car was completely stuck so we arranged for a big truck to lift it off.”
The Norfolk and Suffolk roads policing team posted a picture of the stranded vehicle on Twitter at around midnight last night.
The tweet reads: “Currently at the scene of an RTC in #ipswich.
Driver misjudged the kerb...”