Woman and child escape injury after car rolls onto roof near Shotley
- Credit: Archant
A woman and a child have escaped injury after a car rolled onto its roof at Shotley near Ipswich.
Police were called at around 11.45am to reports of a single vehicle collision on the B1456 between the village and Chelmondiston.
A spokeswoman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “We were called today at 11.49am, August 30, to reports of a road traffic collision on the Main Road, Shotley.
“An ambulance crew was dispatched to help.
“At the scene the crew assessed two patients, a woman and a child, who were later discharged at the scene without injury.”
According to a spokeswoman for Suffolk police, one lane of the road was blocked by the crash and an officer was sent to the scene to direct traffic around the incident.
“We were called today at 11.45am by a member of the public,” she said.
- 1 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 2 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 3 Brother of Ipswich murder victim to roll out bleed control kits across town
- 4 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 5 £1million house with extensive grounds up for sale near Christchurch Park
- 6 Charity match held in memory of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens
- 7 Hopes pre-built extension plans will attract bigger acts to the Regent
- 8 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 9 Meet John Cook the next mayor of Ipswich – and a Norwich City supporter
- 10 GALLERY: 14 pictures from the Ipswich Twilight Races 2022
“A car has ended up on its roof between Chelmondiston and Shotley.”
She said the road was clear and as of 1.30pm.