Car park disruption in resort
USERS of a Felixstowe town centre car park are being warned that that they will see some changes over the next few months.Council chiefs have agreed to allow 11 spaces to be removed from the Highfield Road car park as part of a project to build a modern doctors' surgery and a new pharmacy alongside.
USERS of a Felixstowe town centre car park are being warned that that they will see some changes over the next few months.
Council chiefs have agreed to allow 11 spaces to be removed from the Highfield Road car park as part of a project to build a modern doctors' surgery and a new pharmacy alongside.
Howard House surgery in Leopold Road is to be replaced by a purpose-built one following agreement by Suffolk Coastal with the local health authorities.
"I am pleased that this important new development can now proceed which will see local residents gaining a much-improved new surgery," said Andy Smith, Suffolk Coastal's deputy leader and cabinet member for planning.
You may also want to watch:
"In order to enable the surgery to be built, the council has released 11 spaces in Highfield Road car park. This still leaves over 100 spaces and means a brand-new facility can be built in the heart of the community it is meant to serve.
"While the works are being carried out, the Orwell Road vehicle exit will be closed so that all the construction traffic can be kept to the Orwell Road end which will improve site safety.
- 1 Police find cannabis growing by the side of A14
- 2 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 3 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 4 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 5 Diesel trains from Ipswich to get fuel delivered by road
- 6 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 7 New River Church opens its doors on Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 Revealed: Waterfront flats to be wrapped in 'breathable' material while cladding replaced
- 9 Church ripe for homes conversion is under offer
- 10 Ipswich student sets sights on UFC after binge-watching Rocky films
"The Highfield Road entrance will be temporarily modified to allow cars to leave as well as enter the car park, and pedestrian access to Orwell Road will be maintained.
"There will inevitably be some disruption over the coming year, but our car park will remain open for motorists while the surgery is being built and everything has been done to keep any problems to a minimum."