Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- Credit: Contributed
A number of caravans have pitched up at Ipswich's Portman Road Car Park.
The caravans were spotted in the car park, run by Ipswich Borough Council, on Sunday afternoon.
One nearby resident said they saw at least half a dozen spaced across the car park, opposite the football stadium.
Much of the car park is currently being used as a local coronavirus testing site, open from 8am to 8pm seven days a week.
A spokesman for Ipswich Borough Council said it is working with partners to resolve the issue.
The spokesman said: "We are aware of the situation and taking all the necessary and normal steps, along with our partners, to secure possession of the site."
A group of travellers were handed an eviction notice last summer after parking their caravans at the same car park, after Ipswich Borough Council applied for a notice from Suffolk Magistrates’ Court.
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 3 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 4 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 5 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
- 6 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 7 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 8 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich