Cats saved unconscious woman
AN IPSWICH woman has hailed her cats heroes after they tried to wake her up as she lay unconscious on her kitchen floor.Sarah Boggis, 31, suffered an epileptic fit on Saturday morning at her Merlin Road home.
AN IPSWICH woman has hailed her cats heroes after they tried to wake her up as she lay unconscious on her kitchen floor.
Sarah Boggis, 31, suffered an epileptic fit on Saturday morning at her Merlin Road home.
When she came round she found her two cats, Jaffa and Jazz, pawing and licking her. She also had a bite mark on her hand.
She said: "I really do believe they were trying to wake me up. I've heard of dogs doing things like this before but I've never known cats to do it before.
"I think they were trying to get a reaction from me and they definitely knew something was wrong."
Miss Boggis has been an epileptic since she was born and usually has around one or two fits a week.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 3 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 6 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 7 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 8 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 9 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 10 'Mum had the last Christmas she deserved' - Ipswich hospice helps families
She said: "I don't know how long I was out of it for but it's not usually very long, just a few minutes.
"The only way I can describe it is like a storm in my brain.
"I take medication for it and can usually control it but it is a comfort to know that the cats are looking out for me."
Miss Boggis did not suffer any lasting effects from the fit. She said: "I just went to bed and slept it off and I feel fine now."
A keen animal lover, Miss Boggis also goes horse-riding regularly.
She said: "I love animals and really enjoy the company of the cats.
"They really are unsung heroes. If there was a cat of the year award I would definitely enter them for it. They deserve it after this."
Have your pets done anything amazing? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send us an e-mail to email@example.com