CCTV hope in search for Natasha
VIDEO These are the last known CCTV images of missing teenager Natasha Coombs as she waited to board a train at Ipswich station.Essex police today released the video images to The Evening Star in the hope they would trigger memories in train passengers who saw the 17-year-old from Dovercourt as she waited at the station or travelled toward Manningtree.
THESE are the last known CCTV images of missing teenager Natasha Coombs as she waited to board a train at Ipswich station.
Essex police today released the video images to The Evening Star in the hope they would trigger memories in train passengers who saw the 17-year-old from Dovercourt as she waited at the station or travelled toward Manningtree.
The force has launched a massive search for the former East Bergholt High School pupil, who has now not been seen for 12 days.
The new video footage, taken from cameras at Ipswich station, shows Natasha walking through the station building and out on to the platform as she waited for the 10.42pm train headed for Manningtree.
She is seen to walk back into the station building from the platform to check the train time on a screen before heading back out of view.
A number of train passengers can also be seen moving through the station, raising hopes among the 20-strong team of detectives leading the search that someone may have seen Natasha on the train.
- 1 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 2 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 3 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 4 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 5 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Suffolk headteacher criticises school rankings
- 8 Four charged over alleged samurai sword attack
- 9 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 10 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
She had travelled to Ipswich to spend the evening with friends at the Golden Dragon Chinese restaurant in Cardinal Park.
It is thought after leaving Ipswich she got off the train at Manningtree, however CCTV cameras at the station were not working so there is no video footage to confirm this.
Natasha told her parents that she had booked a taxi for the journey from Manningtree back to Dovercourt but her phone was switched off in the area around the train station at 11.19pm.
Searches of the Manningtree and Lawford Dale area have failed to find any trace of her.
When last seen, Natasha was wearing a purple sequinned top, multi-coloured 'ra ra' skirt and a white jacket. She was carrying a furry black handbag.
Officers are also trying to trace her pink top-of-the-range Samsung mobile phone and MP3 player.