CD art to be auctioned
A SUFFOLK artist who created the cover of an Evening Star charity CD will see his work auctioned this weekend.Michael Coulter painted the cover of the Cool Yule CD, which was created as a joint project between The Star and Radio Suffolk to raise money for our Lifesaver Appeal and the BBC Children in Need appeal.
A SUFFOLK artist who created the cover of an Evening Star charity CD will see his work auctioned this weekend.
Michael Coulter painted the cover of the Cool Yule CD, which was created as a joint project between The Star and Radio Suffolk to raise money for our Lifesaver Appeal and the BBC Children in Need appeal.
The CD featured a selection of Suffolk bands singing their own versions of classic Christmas songs as well as a few originals.
Mr Coulter donated his artwork to be used as the cover for Cool Yule and on Sunday it will be auctioned to raise even more money for the two funds.
You may also want to watch:
Radio Suffolk is set to broadcast live from the auction, which will be held at the John Russell Gallery in Wherry Lane, Ipswich.
The gallery is currently hosting an exhibition of Mr Coulter's paintings and potential bidders will be able to view the other works before the auction gets underway.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 8 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 9 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 10 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
Radio Suffolk's Drivetime presenter Stephen Foster, who spearheaded the Cool Yule project and is a Star columnist, will be hosting the live broadcast, which is set to get underway at 10.30am, ahead of the 11am auction.
A limited number of Cool Yule CD's are still available from the Evening Star offices in Lower Brook Street and the Radio Suffolk headquarters in St Matthews Street.
The CDs cost £7.99 and all profits from sales - 75per cent of each CD sold - will be split between Children in Need and the Lifesaver Appeal for a new cardiac ultrasound machine for Ipswich Hospital.