Champagne night at glittering Press Ball
GALLERY & VIDEO A generous businessman added extra sparkle to the Ipswich and Suffolk Press Ball when he unexpectedly donated £5,000 to one of the event's chosen charities.
A GENEROUS businessman added extra sparkle to the Ipswich and Suffolk Press Ball when he unexpectedly donated £5,000 to one of the event's chosen charities.
Ray Sallows was so moved by the plight of cystic fibrosis sufferers that he took to the stage to announce the hefty donation.
The gesture was one of many highlights in an unforgettable evening.
Today, as we publish exclusive images of the night of nights, we are also taking the opportunity to thank you all for your support in this fantastic fundraising event - we couldn't have done it without you.
This year's Champagne Ball-themed evening raised a whopping £25,505 for the event's chosen charities, Disability Care Enterprise and Cystic Fibrosis Trust.
Evening Star editor Nigel Pickover said: “Without the support of our guests and our readers, the Ipswich and Suffolk Press Ball simply would not raise the magnificent sums it achieves for our chosen charities.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 3 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 4 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 5 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
- 6 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 7 Man with learning difficulties will not go to prison for sex offence
- 8 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 9 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
“It is thanks to all those businesses and organisations that support the Press Ball that we can celebrate once again a stunning success and begin planning the 2009 event.”