Channel 4’s The Island with Bear Grylls is looking for Ipswich contestants
- Credit: Archant
Have you got what it takes to survive on a desert island? Could you be stripped of your 21st Century comforts?
If you know how to build your own shelter and catch your dinner, then applications are now open for Channel 4 show The Island with Bear Grylls.
The show, featuring adventurer Bear Grylls, is looking for fit people, aged 18 and above, who have an interest in adventure and survival. Previous experience is not necessary.
Volunteers will be stripped of all the comforts of civilisation and castaway on a remote deserted island in the Pacific.
Bear Grylls describes the show, which is famed for turning people back to basics, as similar to Lord of the Flies.
He Said: “This is Lord of the Flies meets Bear Grylls meets Darwin’s survival of the fittest.
“Man has moved further and further from his hunter-gatherer origins. We take food, shelter, warmth for granted; we barely have to expend any time and energy to get them.
- 1 Man suffers fractured eye socket after attack outside Ipswich bus station
- 2 Suffolk rail services affected after person hit by a train
- 3 Woman who stole £24k from school and football club to face sentence
- 4 Plans for 440 homes and visitor centre in Ipswich Garden Suburb submitted
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 6 OPINION: Free sporting activities for children return to Ipswich this summer
- 7 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 8 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 9 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 10 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
“I want to find out what happens when you strip people of all the comforts of modern life.”
The closing date to apply is Monday, August 7.