Charity stalwart remembered
A CHARITY fundraiser from Ipswich has today paid tribute to comedian Jeremy Beadle who has died aged 59.Kas Prince worked with the television presenter at various events for the charity Children with Leukaemia, which Mr Beadle was chairman of.
A CHARITY fundraiser from Ipswich has today paid tribute to comedian Jeremy Beadle who has died aged 59.
Kas Prince worked with the television presenter at various events for the charity Children with Leukaemia, which Mr Beadle was chairman of.
Most recently Mr Prince, 48, of the Stoke Park area of Ipswich, met his hero at the Amazing Great Children's Party in July where Mr Prince's cleaning firm, Britas, worked for free.
Mr Prince said: “He was an excellent human being. He was the kindest person you would ever come across.
“I was very sad to hear the news that he had died. I will miss him and all the charity will.
“He worked really hard and he would help anyone. No job was too small for him.”
- 1 Man 'punched and slashed' in serious assault in car park at Ipswich B&M
- 2 Road closed after crash leaves pedestrian injured and vehicle in ditch
- 3 Ipswich firm admits mis-selling foam loft insulation to Suffolk customers
- 4 New restaurant could be coming to the Waterfront, but theatre plans dropped
- 5 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 6 'Fantastic opportunity' as Ipswich's Thomas Wolsey pub listed for sale
- 7 Masked man 'snatched' bag from woman in Ipswich alleyway
- 8 Ellie uses 4 tonne truck to make impressive entrance at school prom
- 9 Six Suffolk curry houses named among best in England
- 10 23-year-old Felixstowe woman pleads guilty to assault
Mr Beadle, who was best known for hosting shows such as You've Been Framed, died on Wednesday after a brief battle with pneumonia.
During his life he raised millions of pounds for charity, including Children with Leukaemia.
Mr Beadle, who was born in Hackney, east London, leaves his wife Sue, daughters Cassie and Bonnie, and his stepchildren Leo and Claire.
What are your memories of Jeremy Beadle? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.