Charity Zumba night hopes to collect funds for Ipswich Hospital
- Credit: Archant
A Zumba evening is being held this week to help raise money for the Capel Ward at Ipswich Hospital.
Proceeds from the class at St Alban’s High School, run by Gaby Reeve, will go towards the ward’s fundraiser to raise money for a bladder scanner.
Sharlene Williamson, the ward clerk on the Capel Ward organised the event after going to the class for the first time last week and becoming hooked.
The event takes place from 7-9pm, the entrance fee on the night is £10, which can be paid at the door and attendees need have no experience of having done the popular dance sport before.
All organisers ask is that attendees bring water with them on the night.
The ward is also having a big raffle on March 30 to help raise more funds.
Tickets for the raffle will be available at the Zumba night and cost £2. Over 30 prizes are on offer from local businesses including the star prize, a signed Ipswich Town shirt.
- 1 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 2 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 3 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 4 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 5 Wahoo skating shop moving from Ipswich to Woodbridge
- 6 Drug dealer escapes jail after £3k worth of cannabis found at home
- 7 Hunt for Vicky's killer continues nearly six months after suspect arrested
- 8 Man charged in connection of drug offences in Ipswich
- 9 Ipswich shop owner among UK's top 100 female business women
- 10 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England