Chip pan blaze in Walton
FIRE crews tackled a chip pan blaze in Walton today .Fire fighters from Felixstowe attended the blaze in a ground floor flat in High Street, Walton about 7.
FIRE crews have tackled a chip pan blaze in Walton.
Fire fighters from Felixstowe attended the blaze in a ground floor flat in High Street, Walton about 7.05pm. The kitchen of the flat was heavily smoke logged when crews arrived.
They had the blaze under control at just after 7.15pm.
A crew was also called to put out a blaze in a car in Sandling Crescent, in Ipswich, shortly before 9pm.
There was also a fire a railway embankment at the back of Orwell High School, off Maidstone Road, in Felixstowe at 1pm and a crop and stubble fire just off the A11 at Elevedon at just before noon and affected four acres of fields.
Fire crews from Suffolk and Norfolk tackled the blaze which was under control by 12.45pm.
- 1 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 2 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 3 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 4 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 5 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 6 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 7 Festive shoppers brave the cold for Christmas street market in Ipswich
- 8 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 9 Care home worker may be jailed after using resident's bank card
- 10 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale