Circus drama - it's the big topple!
IT'S a case of the show must go on today – after two performances suffered mishaps on the same night, caught up in a drama of their own.In Ipswich, hundreds of people had to be evacuated after a circus tent started to fall down during a performance by an international troupe.
IT'S a case of the show must go on today – after two performances suffered mishaps on the same night, caught up in a drama of their own.
In Ipswich, hundreds of people had to be evacuated after a circus tent started to fall down during a performance by an international troupe.
Meanwhile, in Felixstowe, performers came down to earth with a bump as part of their stage
collapsed as they prepared to start their dress rehearsal.
You may also want to watch:
The big-top drama came half an hour into the 5pm performance of the Moscow State Circus when 600 people were in the tent at Christchurch Park.
The circus was scheduled to last two hours and was in Ipswich as part of a national tour that started in March. But the show, which will re-open tonight, had to be abandoned when one of the poles holding the tent up "started to lean over".
- 1 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 2 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 3 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 8 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Big Hoot revealed as latest Ipswich art trail for 2022
The audience was quickly escorted out of the tent and offered the choice of a refund or tickets for another night's show.
FULL STORY AND PICTURES IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR