Clacton: Appeal over attempted robbery in play area
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
A WOMAN has been grabbed by a man and told to empty her pockets as she walked across a field.
Police have appealed for witnesses to come forward following the incident at Knox Field off Knox Road, at about 12.10pm on Tuesday.
The victim, a woman in her 20s, was walking across the field at the time of the incident.
Police said a man, who was walking his dog nearby, saw what happened and shouted at the suspect before rushing to help the woman. The suspect then ran off.
Investigating officer, Dc Claire Lukey, said: “Unfortunately the man who prevented this robbery left the scene before the police arrived so we do not have his details.
“We would like him to come forward because he is an important witness.
“We also want to hear from anyone who was at the playing fields at the time and might have seen the man hanging around or running off after the incident.”
- 1 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
- 2 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 3 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 4 15 of the best photos from Ipswich Music Day 2022
- 5 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk neighbourhoods with highest Covid rates
- 6 Jailed in June: The Suffolk criminals locked up last month
- 7 Ipswich man, 27, arrested after stabbing in Bury St Edmunds car park
- 8 Man order to sign sex offenders' registers for possessing indecent images
- 9 Keys secured as 'Goliath' £1.2m needed to restore burned down church
- 10 Ellie makes impressive prom entrance - in a truck
The suspect was believed to be aged in his mid-20s, about 5ft 3in tall, of slim build and of mixed heritage. He was wearing a grey hooded top and grey tracksuit bottoms.
Anyone with information should contact Dc Lukey at Clacton CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.