Cleaning firm defies the gloom
A CLEANING firm is defying the credit crunch and having its best ever year.Clean on Time, based in Claydon, near Great Blakenham, was started a decade ago by Kerry Adams and while other firms are closing down or laying off staff, she has recently taken on three new employees to cope with growing demand.
A CLEANING firm is defying the credit crunch and having its best ever year.
Clean on Time, based in Claydon, near Great Blakenham, was started a decade ago by Kerry Adams and while other firms are closing down or laying off staff, she has recently taken on three new employees to cope with growing demand.
Mrs Adams, whose husband Ricky runs a painting and decorating business, said it was down to a pro-active approach that contracts were up.
She said: “We do domestic and commercial cleaning and it the credit crunch has hit us with regard to the new build side of things.
“But we're really trying to get out there and get as many recommendations as possible, phoning our clients up, and we are also finding that we're working further away.
“When it's like this, you just have to keep going and be positive - that's the main thing.”
- 1 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 2 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 4 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 5 Woman 'froze' after seeing masked men with machetes in Ipswich
- 6 Missing 12-year-old girl from Ipswich found safe
- 7 Plans for 440 homes and visitor centre in Ipswich Garden Suburb submitted
- 8 OPINION: Free sporting activities for children return to Ipswich this summer
- 9 Ipswich singer to perform UK festival tour after scoring club hit
- 10 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
She said it was very important to make sure people were well aware of the business, with so many other firms just giving up under the pressure of the economic downturn.
She said: “Turnover has been a lot more than in any other year before. We've done cold calling and giving out cards - just being very proactive, making sure that our cleaners are well trained and hold CFCS certificates that are needed for working on building sites.
“We have got to think 'ok, not much going on in Ipswich - we have got to go to Bury, Felixstowe or Great Yarmouth' and the business is out there. As a result, this has been our best year ever.”