Closed pub will reopen soon
AN Ipswich pub is closed for business today - although mystery surrounds the exact circumstances
AN IPSWICH pub is closed for business today although mystery surrounds the exact circumstances.
The Railway Inn, in Foxhall Road, has been shut since Friday, although owners Enterprise Inns have declined to shed light on why the pub has closed.
They did however offer assurances that the pub will be reopening in the near future once a new landlord is in place.
A spokeswoman for Enterprise Inns, which also supplies the pub, said: “It is our intention to reopen the pub and we will do that with an experienced retailer as soon as practicably possible.”
You may also want to watch:
In August The Evening Star reported that the Railway Inn ran out of beer after 200 Madness fans descended on the venue.
At the time leaseholder Ray Dean said he had been phoning suppliers to deliver more beer but claimed he was told none could be delivered for several days.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 4 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 8 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 9 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
Mr Dean expressed concerns for the long-term future of the business because he was having to turn customers away.
The Star was unable to contact Mr Dean for comment.
Are you a landlord concerned about the future of you pub? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com