What’s the weather going to be like for New Year’s Eve?
- Credit: PA
As we start to countdown the final hours of 2018 in Suffolk and North Essex many of us will be wondering what the weather has in store as we look to celebrate the arrival of the new year.
The day will start off mild with cloud covering the entirety of our region this morning with temperatures reaching around
As the day goes on some of this cloud could break leaving sunnier spells behind it.
Temperatures today could reach as high as 10C which forecaster say is well above average for this time of year.
By the time we hit midnight temperatures will have only dropped to around 7C but there will still be a lot of cloud around.
You may also want to watch:
It’s set to remain cloudy as New Year’s Day begins with the cloud beginning to move as the day goes on bringing brighter spells.
Temperatures will again remain mild at around 9 or 10C.
- 1 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 2 Good Inside cafe opens for 'real food' takeaways in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Three fined for breaching Covid rules after reports of 'gathering'
- 4 Murder probe launched after woman in 20s dies in Colchester
- 5 Ipswich child rapist gets 21 years for 'despicable' crimes
- 6 What was unearthed during the BBC's Antiques Roadshow Ipswich episode?
- 7 Man 'moved on' for eating sausage roll on Ipswich park bench
- 8 Warning after distraction thefts at supermarkets
- 9 Huge numbers of Covid vaccine bookings in Suffolk
- 10 New cheese afternoon tea launched in Suffolk