Club declares war on bunnies
FOOTBALLERS in Claydon plagued by ravaging rabbits, have declared war on the bunnies. A new £400 fence is being installed, to stop the furry burrowers getting in to the village football club's pitch, which is off Bramford Road.
FOOTBALLERS in Claydon plagued by ravaging rabbits, have declared war on the bunnies.
A new £400 fence is being installed, to stop the furry burrowers getting in to the village football club's pitch, which is off Bramford Road.
Sam Lockwood, of the football club's executive committee, said: "We've always had problems with rabbits up here. In the last two or three seasons when we've used the pitch up here fully, it's been a bit of a nightmare.
"They dig holes in the pitch. We have to get all the coaches running around before the matches filling in the holes at the moment."
You may also want to watch:
The fencing is being paid for by AXA from the company's community budget and Mrs Lockwood is delighted with the help.
"We've tried other methods to get rid of them but none of them have worked, she said.
- 1 Road reopens after crash in Ipswich street
- 2 Man in his 80s seriously injured after crash near Copdock
- 3 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 4 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 5 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 6 60 sausage dogs enjoy picnic in Ipswich's Christchurch Park
- 7 Did you go to Ipswich's Festival of Wheels? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 8 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 9 Driver puts out car fire in A12 blaze
- 10 Revealed: Suffolk's most viewed homes for sale in July
"The rabbits have continued to beat us and are determined to turn our wonderful pitch into a honeycomb. The help from AXA means we can finally declare war on the bunnies, and maintain our pitches to the benefit of all our club members."
The football club has teams in every age group, from under sevens to under 16s as well as three men's teams. This season, an under 14s girls' team is also being launched.