Club declares war on bunnies
FOOTBALLERS in Claydon plagued by ravaging rabbits, have declared war on the bunnies. A new £400 fence is being installed, to stop the furry burrowers getting in to the village football club's pitch, which is off Bramford Road.
FOOTBALLERS in Claydon plagued by ravaging rabbits, have declared war on the bunnies.
A new £400 fence is being installed, to stop the furry burrowers getting in to the village football club's pitch, which is off Bramford Road.
Sam Lockwood, of the football club's executive committee, said: "We've always had problems with rabbits up here. In the last two or three seasons when we've used the pitch up here fully, it's been a bit of a nightmare.
"They dig holes in the pitch. We have to get all the coaches running around before the matches filling in the holes at the moment."
The fencing is being paid for by AXA from the company's community budget and Mrs Lockwood is delighted with the help.
"We've tried other methods to get rid of them but none of them have worked, she said.
- 1 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
- 2 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 3 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Anti-crime campaigners plan Christmas grotto at tattoo studio
- 6 Will 'traditional' new homes at Ipswich Garden Suburb soon be obsolete?
- 7 Surprise snowglobe gift leaves Harvey, 4, 'over the moon'
- 8 Family's Christmas lights tribute to Jessica, 28, who died after giving birth
- 9 Plans submitted to turn special measures care home into hotel
- 10 Illegal immigrant caught running cannabis factory is jailed
"The rabbits have continued to beat us and are determined to turn our wonderful pitch into a honeycomb. The help from AXA means we can finally declare war on the bunnies, and maintain our pitches to the benefit of all our club members."
The football club has teams in every age group, from under sevens to under 16s as well as three men's teams. This season, an under 14s girls' team is also being launched.