Holidays are not coming to Ipswich this year
The Coca Cola truck, which is known for it’s festive tune ‘the holidays are coming’, will not be spreading its Christmas cheer in Ipswich this year.
The red American-style lorry has visited our town several times making pit-stops outside the Town Hall and in more recent years the Asda store on the Whitehouse Industrial Estate.
A Coca Cola spokesperson revealed the vehicle embarks on a new journey each year and is the reason behind Ipswich being missed.
They said: “We try to cover as much of the country as we can but unfortunately we can’t visit every town and city.
“We update the route every year, making sure we visit locations which are easily accessible from the surrounding areas.
“This year we are spending longer in each location, allowing those in nearby areas more time to travel to their nearest truck.”
The Coca Cola Christmas truck is now in its eighth year and will begin its route in Glasgow. It will then travel to 22 other locations including Exeter, Newcastle, Cardiff, Sheffield, Manchester, and finishes in Croydon.
- 1 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 2 Kesgrave family move home to cope with 'crippling' cost of living
- 3 Bank cards stolen as five cars broken into across Ipswich this weekend
- 4 80-year-old woman was stuck in a lift for 10 hours
- 5 Matchday Recap: Two second-half goals inspire Town win
- 6 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 7 Man who repeatedly hit partner jailed for 64 weeks
- 8 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 9 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 10 Homeless man allegedly stabbed man who offered help
In previous years the Coca Cola vehicle has caused some controversy with some against the promotion of sugary drinks to children.
What do you think about the ‘holiday’ truck? Will you miss it this year? Email your thoughts here.