Cold weather covers Suffolk in a blanket of frost
- Credit: sarah lucy brown
It’s time to wrap up warm and grab the anti-freeze as the country faces the first cold snap of the winter.
On Tuesday night temperatures plummeted to -5C (23F) in Cavendish and -4C (25F) in Wattisham making it the coldest night of the year so far.
James Wilby, forecaster at Weatherquest, says in other parts of the county the temperatures may have been even lower.
“It was a pretty chilly night to say the least,” he said.
“Certainly the coldest night of the season.
You may also want to watch:
“We saw Suffolk at -5C at the weather station but it’s quite possible more rural areas would have seen colder.”
The temperature is expected to pick up towards the end of the week, with temperatures set to reach 2 to 3C (37F), but there will be potential for frost.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 5 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 9 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 10 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
And although the cold weather means having to get up a bit earlier to defrost the car - the county looks spectacular with a thin covering of white.
Today, our photographers braved the cold to capture some amazing views of Christchurch Park.
Send your frost pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org