Commercial Road in Ipswich could be closed for around a week after sewer bursts 1.5metres below street
A burst sewer has led to a road in Ipswich being closed, possibly for up to a week.
The problem is in Commercial Road and was discovered after disturbance was noticed on the road surface, a spokesman for Anglian Water said.
It was investigated yesterday and it was found the sewer, around 1.5metres below the surface, had burst.
Teams are now working extended hours to rectify the issue but it is likely the road could be shut for around a week.
Diversions have been put in place for motorists while the work is carried out.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added Anglian Water apologised for any disruption and inconvenience caused while the repairs were made.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 10 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high