Community centre opened by 'celebs'
PROUD residents saw the results of months of fundraising when a new community centre was opened in Adastral Close, Felixstowe.Representatives from various areas of the community gathered at the centre for the grand opening .
PROUD residents saw the results of months of fundraising when a new community centre was opened in Adastral Close, Felixstowe.
Representatives from various areas of the community gathered at the centre for the grand opening .
The official opening ceremony was performed by Allen Marvelley , chairman of Orwell Housing's tenants services committee.
He said: "This centre is unique in that it is probably one of very few in the country that has been completely tenant-led. The tenants raised all the money themselves. The input that Orwell Housing had, was in helping with the siting and the planning process.
You may also want to watch:
"I told the residents they didn't need a celebrity there to open it because they are the celebrities themselves thanks to all their hard work."
In total, almost £12,000 had to be raised to set up the centre.
- 1 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 2 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 3 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 4 Man caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 5 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 6 Cyclist suffers injuries after crash in Ipswich
- 7 WATCH: Family of wild foxes caught on camera in Ipswich garden
- 8 Ipswich primary school goes green for classmate with hearing loss
- 9 Man smashed ATM screen at service station after not receiving cash
- 10 How does traffic congestion in Ipswich compare to pre lockdown?
It will provide a range of services including regular surgeries by the police and the tenants' association.