Cooker blaze extinguished

A FIRE broke out in the kitchen of a flat in a sheltered housing scheme in Ipswich this evening.

A FIRE broke out in the kitchen of a flat in a sheltered housing scheme in Ipswich this evening.

The Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were alerted to the blaze by an automatic fire alarm at around 8.10pm at Peppercorn House, Peppercorn Way, just off Wherstead Road.

Firefighters from Princes Street fire station attended, discovering a small fire in containers on a cooker in a second floor flat.

The fire was out upon arrival but the crew ventilated the flat and the care manager was given oxygen on the scene after suffering minor smoke inhalation.


You may also want to watch:


The incident was under control by around 8.30pm.

There are 23 flats within the development which was built in 1995.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter