Copdock: Gridlock chaos grips the town
MOTORISTS were left sweltering in their hot cars and facing lengthy delays after the lorry crash on one of the major routes into Ipswich.
The incident at the junction of the A12 and the A14 at Copdock left drivers stuck in long tailbacks with nowhere to turn.
The accident forced emergency services to close the interchange for most of the day, causing chaos across Ipswich as motorists sought alternative routes to reach their destinations.
Road users caught up in the delays were left stuck in their hot cars, with the sun beating down on them.
And the chaos ensued until the westbound carriageway of the A14 was re-opened at around 5pm last night, with the eastbound carriageway of the A14 and access to the southbound carriageways of the A12 closed for even longer.
Meanwhile there were also tailbacks in Cambridgeshire following two collisions on the A14. The first – on the eastbound carriageway at Godmanchester – left the road closed due to a serious crash involving a lorry and a motorcycle.
A second collision closed part of the A14 at Spur Cambridgeshire due to a serious incident between two vehicles.
- 1 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 2 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 3 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 6 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 7 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 8 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 9 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 10 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault