Couple awoke to find burglar
TERROR greeted a couple aged in their 70s, who awoke to find a burglar ransacking their home.The offender fled when he realised that he had been seen by the elderly man, taking a sealed Easter card from a great grandson as well as prescribed medicine.
TERROR greeted a couple aged in their 70s, who awoke to find a burglar ransacking their home.
The offender fled when he realised that he had been seen by the elderly man, taking a sealed Easter card from a great grandson as well as prescribed medicine.
The burglary in Stowupland Road, Stowmarket, happened at about 4.45am on Thursday .
The offender was white, with a dark complexion and stubble, aged in his late thirties.
He was described as at least 6ft tall, and wore a woolly hat covering his ears and forehead, and a dark top.
He entered the property by reaching through an open bathroom window to open a larger window.
- 1 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 2 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 3 See inside £1.65m Ipswich home with swimming pool and games room
- 4 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich girl with cyst on brain struggling to get diagnosis
- 6 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 7 7 things around Ipswich which are among the best in the country
- 8 See inside stunning £1.15m home a stone's throw away from Christchurch Park
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
Police today urged people not to leave windows open, even in warm weather.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Dc John Dolan on 01284 774100 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.