Crash could leave motorcyclist paralysed
A MOTORCYCLIST suffered serious injuries in a crash which doctors fear will leave him paralysed below the waist.Suffolk police today said the 20-year-old man suffered extensive injuries when his 400CC motorbike crashed on Thorpe Road, Aldeburgh.
A MOTORCYCLIST suffered serious injuries in a crash which doctors fear will leave him paralysed below the waist.
Suffolk police today said the 20-year-old man suffered extensive injuries when his 400CC motorbike crashed on Thorpe Road, Aldeburgh, at about 11.50am yesterday.
He was flown to the Norwich and Norfolk Hospital by the air ambulance and his injuries were initially described as life threatening.
He was being treated for chest trauma, collapsed lungs, spinal damage and internal injuries.
A police spokesman said: “It is feared he may be paralysed from the waist down as a result of his injuries.”
No other vehicles were involved in the crash.
- 1 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 4 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 5 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 6 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 7 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 8 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 9 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 10 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family