Crash in Essex leaves one man dead
A HORRIFIC crash left one man dead and three others injured at The British Grasstrack Championships near Chelmsford, Essex.Essex police are investigating the incident, which took place yesterday at 5.20pm.
A HORRIFIC crash left one man dead and three others injured at The British Grasstrack Championships near Chelmsford.
Essex police are investigating the incident, which took place yesterday at 5.20pm, at the grasstrack in High Easter.
A police spokeswoman said the 500cc sidecar was racing along the grass track when it tipped over, throwing the driver and passenger off. The 35-year-old driver was then hit by at least one other vehicle. He was taken to Princess Alexandra hospital, Chelmsford, by air ambulance but was declared dead on arrival.
The passenger, a 29-year-old man from Kent, was taken to Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, with a broken leg.
You may also want to watch:
Two others from another vehicle were also taken to hospital with injuries.
Police want to hear from any witnesses at the scene who may have photo or moving images of the crash.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 5 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 9 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 10 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
If you know any more information, call police at Bocking Road Policing Unit on 01376 330722.