Crash on A12 causes delays
MOTORISTS heading to London this morning are facing delays following a crash on the A12.
MOTORISTS heading to London this morning faced delays following a crash on the A12.
Just before 6am a silver Honda Civic left the London-bound carriageway at Witham in Essex and rolled over in an embankment, before ending up in the outside lane.
The lane had to be closed, meaning traffic queues built up. It reopened just before 8am.
The 43-year-old driver from Colchester was taken to Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford with injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses to come forward and are keen to hear from anyone who saw the car before it crashed.
If you can help, call the Chelmsford Road Policing Unit on 01245 420625.
- 1 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 2 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 3 Delays expected at A14 Copdock Interchange
- 4 'I love it' –shoppers and retailers hope Ipswich street closure is here to stay
- 5 'Knock at the door it's... Sir Keir Starmer?' Labour leader joins Ipswich bingo night
- 6 Fire marshals to patrol Waterfront block 24/7 and balconies could be removed
- 7 Rogue trader steals money after offering to repair car
- 8 Burglars crept into Ipswich home while occupant was inside
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Ipswich street closure could be made permanent under consultation plans
There were several other accidents in Essex today, including one on the A127 London-bound carriageway, before the Rayleigh Weir junction in Rayleigh, and a collision on the M11 northbound carriageway, between junction six and seven in Harlow. Both accidents caused traffic jams.
A collision on the A13 between the Lakeside junction and the A1261 Aspen Way junction in Wennington also caused severe delays.