Crash tally at Copdock
EMERGENCY services were kept busy yesterday, at a host of accidents.Three vehicles were involved in a minor accident which saw paramedics treat one person for whiplash at 8.
EMERGENCY services were kept busy yesterday, at a host of accidents.
Three vehicles were involved in a minor accident which saw paramedics treat one person for whiplash at 8.50am. Nobody was taken to hospital.
The accident happened on the northbound carriageway, about 100 yards from the Copdock interchange. The nearside lane was blocked for a short time.
Then at 12.30pm a lorry and car were in collision on the southbound carriageway at East Bergholt.
You may also want to watch:
The car ended up on its side blocking one lane of carriageway. One person was taken to Ipswich Hospital. The extent of their injuries is not known.
Just half an hour later another collision happened on the northbound carriageway near to Copdock interchange. The accident, involving two lorries and a car, happened shortly after 1pm and left the entire carriageway blocked. One person was taken to Ipswich Hospital and again the extent of injuries was not known.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 3 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 4 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 5 Hail, thunder and gusty winds forecast for Suffolk
- 6 Pub bosses hope for 'return to normality' as Covid cases fall in Ipswich
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 9 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 10 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
These accidents came only hours after two other collisions caused long tailbacks on the A12 at Copdock.
Firefighters were again called out last night to put out a blaze that began in the wheels of petrol tanker. Four crews were called to the A14 at Copdock, near Ipswich, shortly before 9.30pm after a fire broke out in the wheel assembly of the tanker.