Crash tally at Copdock
EMERGENCY services were kept busy yesterday, at a host of accidents.Three vehicles were involved in a minor accident which saw paramedics treat one person for whiplash at 8.
EMERGENCY services were kept busy yesterday, at a host of accidents.
Three vehicles were involved in a minor accident which saw paramedics treat one person for whiplash at 8.50am. Nobody was taken to hospital.
The accident happened on the northbound carriageway, about 100 yards from the Copdock interchange. The nearside lane was blocked for a short time.
Then at 12.30pm a lorry and car were in collision on the southbound carriageway at East Bergholt.
The car ended up on its side blocking one lane of carriageway. One person was taken to Ipswich Hospital. The extent of their injuries is not known.
Just half an hour later another collision happened on the northbound carriageway near to Copdock interchange. The accident, involving two lorries and a car, happened shortly after 1pm and left the entire carriageway blocked. One person was taken to Ipswich Hospital and again the extent of injuries was not known.
- 1 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 2 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 3 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 4 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 5 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 6 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 7 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 8 Festive shoppers brave the cold for Christmas street market in Ipswich
- 9 Felixstowe Christmas light switch on outshines dreary weather
- 10 New gift card to encourage shoppers to use Ipswich town centre
These accidents came only hours after two other collisions caused long tailbacks on the A12 at Copdock.
Firefighters were again called out last night to put out a blaze that began in the wheels of petrol tanker. Four crews were called to the A14 at Copdock, near Ipswich, shortly before 9.30pm after a fire broke out in the wheel assembly of the tanker.