Crashes cause chaos in county
MOTORISTS were held up during rush hour today in the second of two road accidents delaying them as they travelled to and from work.A four-car smash on the A12 near to Little Glemham held up drivers at around 7.
MOTORISTS were held up during rush hour today in the second of two road accidents delaying them as they travelled to and from work.
A four-car smash on the A12 near to Little Glemham held up drivers at around 7.40am today.
No-one was hurt in the accident but the road was blocked between Little Glemham and Farnham on the Ipswich bound carriageway.
And yesterday evening parts of Ipswich became gridlocked after an accident on the Orwell Bridge forced traffic to travel through the town centre.
The accidents come in the wake of an Evening Star campaign that was launched last month to make the A12 and A14 roads safer.
In yesterday's smash the Stowmarket bound carriageway of the A14 on the Orwell Bridge was blocked for about two hours after five cars, including a Ford Fiesta, Ford Mondeo, a transit van, BMW and Mazda, collided at around 5pm.
- 1 'This is all I've got' - Woman fighting to keep home where mum died
- 2 'From one family business to another' - Cattermole's changes hands
- 3 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 4 Woman bit dog owner during dispute over not picking up mess
- 5 Felixstowe man to star on small screen with converted Mini Cooper
- 6 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 7 Teen taken to hospital with serious injuries after Ipswich crash
- 8 46-year-old man who died in Great Bealings crash named
- 9 Five forgotten Ipswich music venues and what they are now
- 10 New Sports Direct still expected by mid-2022 in Ipswich town centre
The Felixstowe bound carriageway was also reduced to just one lane while the emergency services tackled the aftermath of the crash.
Three fire crews from Ipswich attended the scene and firefighters cut the roof off one of the cars to free a passenger and two people were taken to Ipswich Hospital.One was suffering with chest injuries and one with spinal injuries.
The road was re-opened at 6.54pm.