Crews tackle series of blazes in Suffolk
FIREFIGHTERS in Suffolk have been called out to a number of incidents over the weekend.At 3am today, a crew from Princes Street in Ipswich was called to Conway Close to extinguish a car fire.
FIREFIGHTERS in Suffolk have been called out to a number of incidents over the weekend.
At 3am today, a crew from Princes Street in Ipswich was called to Conway Close to extinguish a car fire.
Using two hose reels, the flames were doused by 3.10am. A fire service spokesman said the fire is being treated as suspicious.
At 2.20am, a crew was called to Coddenham Road in Needham Market to put out a car fire. The fire was dealt with by 2.45am.
Yesterday, shortly before 11pm, crews spent an hour tackling 100 square metres of undergrowth which was well alight at Cliff Quay.
Earlier in the day, at 5.34pm, a crew from Felixstowe was called to the A154 to extinguish a car fire. The flames were brought under control by 5.46pm.
- 1 Lido cash bid could get restoration of much-loved pool underway
- 2 'Tons' of water leaking from burst water main as people urged to avoid road
- 3 All four wheels stolen from BMW car parked outside home
- 4 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 5 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 6 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 7 Revealed: The latest Covid rates in every Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 Line-up announced for Ipswich library's music event
- 9 From Ipswich to LA: 20-year-old Suffolk singer's meteoric rise
- 10 Homes proposed for two sites at Purdis Farm
At 5.54pm, a crew from Needham Market was called to Dunston's Corner in Hemingstone to deal with an acre of grassland which was well alight. The blaze took an hour to put out.
There was another fire at 6.15pm in Manor Road, Martlesham Heath. Firefighters spent 15 minutes tackling 100 square metres of gorse which was alight.
At 2.07pm, a van fire in Ipswich Road, Crowfield was dealt with by firefighters from Debenham.