Crews tackle series of blazes in Suffolk
FIREFIGHTERS in Suffolk have been called out to a number of incidents over the weekend.At 3am today, a crew from Princes Street in Ipswich was called to Conway Close to extinguish a car fire.
FIREFIGHTERS in Suffolk have been called out to a number of incidents over the weekend.
At 3am today, a crew from Princes Street in Ipswich was called to Conway Close to extinguish a car fire.
Using two hose reels, the flames were doused by 3.10am. A fire service spokesman said the fire is being treated as suspicious.
At 2.20am, a crew was called to Coddenham Road in Needham Market to put out a car fire. The fire was dealt with by 2.45am.
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday, shortly before 11pm, crews spent an hour tackling 100 square metres of undergrowth which was well alight at Cliff Quay.
Earlier in the day, at 5.34pm, a crew from Felixstowe was called to the A154 to extinguish a car fire. The flames were brought under control by 5.46pm.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 6 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 7 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 8 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial
At 5.54pm, a crew from Needham Market was called to Dunston's Corner in Hemingstone to deal with an acre of grassland which was well alight. The blaze took an hour to put out.
There was another fire at 6.15pm in Manor Road, Martlesham Heath. Firefighters spent 15 minutes tackling 100 square metres of gorse which was alight.
At 2.07pm, a van fire in Ipswich Road, Crowfield was dealt with by firefighters from Debenham.