Crews tackle trio of fires
FIREFIGHTERS spent more than an hour tackling a blaze at an Ipswich allotment.
A LARGE patch of land was scorched when a fire broke out on allotments in Ipswich.
Firefighters spent more than an hour tackling the blaze.
An area covering 100metres by 50metres in Halifax Road was well alight when two crews from the Princes Street fire station arrived shortly after 5pm yesterday.
Using three hose reels, a water fog and beaters, firefighters, who wore breathing apparatus, managed to douse the blaze by 6.08pm.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, at 5.18pm, a crew from the Colchester Road fire station tackled a small fire in woods near Cambridge Drive in Ipswich.
The flames were extinguished within 20 minutes.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 3 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 6 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 7 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 8 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 9 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast
Firefighters from Princes Street spent 15 minutes extinguishing a car fire in Ipswich's Gainsborough Lane after they were called just before 6.10pm yesterday.