Cribs to be celebrated
A VILLAGE church is planning a celebration of nativity cribs in the run-up to Christmas.St Mary's church, at Ashfield-cum-Thorpe, near Debenham, will be hosting an exhibition of cribs of all kinds on the weekend of December 7 and 8.
A VILLAGE church is planning a celebration of nativity cribs in the run-up to Christmas.
St Mary's church, at Ashfield-cum-Thorpe, near Debenham, will be hosting an exhibition of cribs of all kinds on the weekend of December 7 and 8.
Local schoolchildren, including Debenham High School pupils, are busy designing and making their own contributions to the show. There will also be antiques, unusual designs, including a knitted crib, and models from around the world.
Organisers are appealing to anyone who would like to contribute to the exhibition to contact them.
Reverend Clare Sanders said the inspiration for the show came partly from broadcast presenter Libby Purves and her own notable collection of cribs, and also from a trip she made to Vienna several years ago where she came across them.
"It seemed an appropriate way of getting people engage with the message of Christmas in a contemporary way, and also to explore their own creativity," she said.
- 1 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 2 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 3 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 6 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 7 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 8 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 9 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 10 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
The Tear Fund charity will be exhibiting cribs at the event, and offering them for sale. Others will be available for children to play with.
Organisers have also planned a craft activity day for children to come together to make their own cribs.
Anyone interested in taking part in the event can contact Rev Sanders on 01728 685778 or Alison Pickup on 01728 685489.