Two arrested on suspicion of child neglect after child, 2, dies
- Credit: Archant
A man and a woman have been arrested on suspicion of child neglect and manslaughter after a two-year-old died near Colchester.
Essex Police officers were called to the Tollgate Road area of the town after reports a child was unresponsive on Sunday, November 7.
Officers had been called to a property by the East of England Ambulance Service at about 8.15am.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: "We arrived and found a child unresponsive.
"Sadly, the two-year old died."
Police confirmed a 40-year-old man and a 36-year-old woman have been arrested on suspicion of child neglect and manslaughter.
They have been bailed until Thursday, November 25.
- 1 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 2 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 3 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 4 Plans submitted to turn special measures care home into hotel
- 5 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
- 6 Illegal immigrant caught running cannabis factory is jailed
- 7 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 8 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
- 9 Anti-crime campaigners plan Christmas grotto at tattoo studio
- 10 Four charged over alleged samurai sword attack
An investigation continues into the death of the two-year-old.
The spokesman said: "We are working to establish the facts and a forensic post-mortem examination will be carried out.
"There is no further risk to the wider community."