Ipswich man appears in court accused of rape
- Credit: Gregg Brown
An Ipswich man has appeared in court accused of rape.
Darren Gorham appeared at Suffolk Magistrates' Court on Friday morning.
The 33-year-old faces two charges of raping a woman over the age of 16.
Both charges are alleged to have been committed against the same woman.
One of the charges relates to a single count of alleged rape, while the other relates to no fewer than two other separate occasions on which Gorham is alleged to have raped the woman.
Gorham, of Marigold Avenue, Ipswich, spoke only to confirm his name, date of birth and address during a short hearing.
The court heard that the allegations were too serious to be dealt with by magistrates and could only be tried in front of a judge.
- 1 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 2 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 5 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 6 Speed limit on Orwell Bridge reduced as Storm Barra hits region
- 7 When will my bins be collected this Christmas?
- 8 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 9 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 10 Man who left taxi driver with serious head injuries admits attack
John Hughes, for Gorham, made no representations and the case was sent to Ipswich Crown Court for a plea and trial preparation hearing on July 9.
Gorham was released on unconditional bail until his next hearing.