Ipswich man appears in court accused of rape
- Credit: Gregg Brown
An Ipswich man has appeared in court accused of rape.
Darren Gorham appeared at Suffolk Magistrates' Court on Friday morning.
The 33-year-old faces two charges of raping a woman over the age of 16.
Both charges are alleged to have been committed against the same woman.
One of the charges relates to a single count of alleged rape, while the other relates to no fewer than two other separate occasions on which Gorham is alleged to have raped the woman.
Gorham, of Marigold Avenue, Ipswich, spoke only to confirm his name, date of birth and address during a short hearing.
The court heard that the allegations were too serious to be dealt with by magistrates and could only be tried in front of a judge.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 4 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 5 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 6 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
John Hughes, for Gorham, made no representations and the case was sent to Ipswich Crown Court for a plea and trial preparation hearing on July 9.
Gorham was released on unconditional bail until his next hearing.