Teenager charged over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
A teenage boy has been charged following an alleged stabbing in the Stoke Park area of Ipswich.
The charge follows an incident in Downside Close on Monday, January 25, after police received reports that a man had been stabbed, just before 4.50pm.
The victim of the alleged attack, an 18-year-old, was taken to car by hospital where he continues to receive treatment. His condition is described as stable.
A 17-year-old boy was arrested later that evening and taken into custody for questioning at Martlesham Police Investigation Centre.
He has since been charged with two offences – wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, and possession of an offensive weapon in a public place, namely a knife.
The boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was remanded in custody and is due to appear before Suffolk Magistrates' Court on Wednesday, January 27.
- 1 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
- 2 Family's Christmas lights tribute to Jessica, 28, who died after giving birth
- 3 Will 'traditional' new homes at Ipswich Garden Suburb soon be obsolete?
- 4 Snow falls over Suffolk and more sub-zero temperatures to come
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 7 Drunk woman attacked former partner with knife
- 8 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 9 Surprise snowglobe gift leaves Harvey, 4, 'over the moon'
- 10 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice