Group from Kent and Essex defied rules to ride dirt bikes in Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
A group of off-road motorcyclists who came to Suffolk from Essex and Kent to ride motocross bikes were among the latest Covid rule breakers to be fined by police.
A total of 56 people were fined and 39 received warnings for breaching lockdown rules between last Friday and Sunday.
On Sunday, 10 fines were handed out after a group travelled from Essex and Kent to Suffolk to ride motocross bikes at a quarry near Waldringfield.
Suffolk police said fines would continue to be issued to those blatantly flouting the rules.
Assistant Chief Constable Rob Jones said officers would continue dedicated Covid-19 patrols in the coming weeks, adding: "No exceptions to the rules can be made for weekends. Please show restraint, discipline and fortitude.
You may also want to watch:
"I accept the situation is difficult, but the FPN (fixed penalty notice) figures from last weekend do clearly demonstrate that we will take action if flouting of the rules takes place.
"This approach will continue and the message remains that we must all follow the rules."
- 1 Ipswich visitors fined after 60-mile trip to Sea Palling in Norfolk
- 2 Ipswich Town sack manager Paul Lambert
- 3 Injured man rescued after 'fall from height' on building site
- 4 Blues getting closer to Paul Cook appointment with two former Town players in frame for his coaching staff
- 5 Covid fines more than double in Suffolk during third lockdown
- 6 Seal found with plastic wrapped around neck at beach
- 7 Man taken to hospital after serious incident in Ipswich
- 8 'There is no offer on the table... this is completely separate' - O'Neill on Town takeover reports and manager search
- 9 'It became clear there were significant differences of opinion' - Evans on sacking of Lambert
- 10 Covid case rates rising in Ipswich and Colchester