Amazon delivery driver had sock with cocaine in his crotch
- Credit: ARCHANT
An Amazon delivery driver who became involved in drug-dealing to repay a debt has been jailed for 30 months - after a sock with cocaine was found in his crotch.
Evgeni Ivanov was stopped by police in the Ipswich area in April and was seen to have a bundle of banknotes in the central console, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
He told officers he had come from London and was in the area to visit his girlfriend but wouldn’t give her address, said Emma Nash, prosecuting.
When he was asked if he had any drugs, he pointed out a small amount of cannabis in the glove compartment.
He was subsequently found to have 24 wraps of cocaine with a street value of £960 hidden in a sock in the crotch area of his trousers.
Ivanov, 28, of Barnet Road, Barnet, admitted being concerned in the supply of cocaine and possession of cannabis.
David Wilson, prosecuting, said his client had no previous convictions and had worked as an Amazon and food delivery driver.
- 1 Man suffers fractured eye socket after attack outside Ipswich bus station
- 2 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 3 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 4 Woman who stole £24k from school and football club to face sentence
- 5 Suffolk rail services affected after person hit by a train
- 6 Ipswich climber's death was a 'tragic and unexpected accident'
- 7 Severe delays on A14 outside Ipswich after vehicle sheds turf on road
- 8 Former town council manager named as woman who died in A11 crash
- 9 Victim bundled into car and hit with hammer, robbery and kidnap trial hears
- 10 School submits plan to turn site into 7 homes
He had also qualified as a mini-cab driver last summer.
He said Ivanov had become involved with the supply of drugs after borrowing money to settle a debt for his father in Bulgaria.
“He realises he has made a huge mistake and is likely to be deported,” said Mr Wilson.