Four arrested after alleged assault still being quizzed by police
- Credit: CONTRIBUTED
Four people - including a 16-year-old boy - arrested following an alleged assault in Felixstowe are currently still being questioned by detectives.
Police were called just after 1pm on Monday afternoon to reports that four men were attacking another man on Coronation Drive in the seaside town.
Five people, including the victim, were then seen to drive off in a Fiat Punto.
A short while later, officers located a vehicle matching the description on the A14 westbound and followed it onto Nacton Road in Ipswich, where it was stopped.
Four people - three men aged 42, 21 and 20 and a 16-year-old boy - were arrested on suspicion of assault and possession of an offensive weapon.
They were all taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre, where they currently remain for questioning.
The victim, an 18-year-old man, sustained a minor head wound which required stitches, police said.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 4 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 5 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 6 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
Any witnesses are asked to contact South CID at Landmark House on 101, quoting reference: 74896/20.