Four arrested after alleged assault still being quizzed by police
- Credit: CONTRIBUTED
Four people - including a 16-year-old boy - arrested following an alleged assault in Felixstowe are currently still being questioned by detectives.
Police were called just after 1pm on Monday afternoon to reports that four men were attacking another man on Coronation Drive in the seaside town.
Five people, including the victim, were then seen to drive off in a Fiat Punto.
A short while later, officers located a vehicle matching the description on the A14 westbound and followed it onto Nacton Road in Ipswich, where it was stopped.
Four people - three men aged 42, 21 and 20 and a 16-year-old boy - were arrested on suspicion of assault and possession of an offensive weapon.
They were all taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre, where they currently remain for questioning.
The victim, an 18-year-old man, sustained a minor head wound which required stitches, police said.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 3 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 4 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 7 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 8 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 9 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 10 New military shop opens in Sailmakers selling Christmas gifts
Any witnesses are asked to contact South CID at Landmark House on 101, quoting reference: 74896/20.