Trio arrested over Ipswich house fire released under investigation
- Credit: Archant
Three people have been released under investigation as police continue enquiries into an Ipswich house fire.
The two men and a woman were arrested on suspicion of arson following a fire on the first floor of a property in Hawke Road last month.
Five fire engines from Ipswich East and Princes Street stations were called to the scene at 11.53pm on Friday, April 23.
It took almost three hours for firefighters to bring the blaze fully under control.
Police remained on the scene into the following morning, with a cordon around the back garden of the property.
Three people were arrested on suspicion of arson on Saturday, April 24.
The two men, aged 37 and 40, and a woman aged 25, were taken to Martlesham Heath police investigation centre for questioning and released on bail until Saturday, May 22.
- 1 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 First look at plans for new Ipswich BMX track ahead of big build
- 4 WATCH: Former policeman given blue light salute during 24-hour marathon
- 5 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 6 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 7 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 10 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
On Monday, a police spokeswoman said: "All three people have been released under investigation whilst enquires continue."