Trio arrested over Ipswich house fire released under investigation
- Credit: Archant
Three people have been released under investigation as police continue enquiries into an Ipswich house fire.
The two men and a woman were arrested on suspicion of arson following a fire on the first floor of a property in Hawke Road last month.
Five fire engines from Ipswich East and Princes Street stations were called to the scene at 11.53pm on Friday, April 23.
It took almost three hours for firefighters to bring the blaze fully under control.
Police remained on the scene into the following morning, with a cordon around the back garden of the property.
Three people were arrested on suspicion of arson on Saturday, April 24.
The two men, aged 37 and 40, and a woman aged 25, were taken to Martlesham Heath police investigation centre for questioning and released on bail until Saturday, May 22.
- 1 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
- 2 Family's Christmas lights tribute to Jessica, 28, who died after giving birth
- 3 Will 'traditional' new homes at Ipswich Garden Suburb soon be obsolete?
- 4 Snow falls over Suffolk and more sub-zero temperatures to come
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 7 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 8 Drunk woman attacked former partner with knife
- 9 Surprise snowglobe gift leaves Harvey, 4, 'over the moon'
- 10 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
On Monday, a police spokeswoman said: "All three people have been released under investigation whilst enquires continue."