Ipswich man denies possessing indecent images of children
- Credit: Archant
A 57-year-old Ipswich man has denied possessing indecent images of children and will now face a crown court trial.
Christopher Sparrow appeared at Suffolk Magistrates' Court on Tuesday to face three charges of making indecent images of children.
It is alleged that five category A images, three category B images and 14 category C images were discovered by police on devices on October 22, 2019.
Sparrow, of Montgomery Road, Ipswich, entered not guilty pleas to all three charges from the dock at the short preliminary hearing.
Magistrates accepted jurisdiction for the trial, but Sparrow opted for his case to be heard at the crown court.
He will next appear at Ipswich Crown Court on October 5 for a plea and trial preparation hearing.
Sparrow, who was represented by solicitor David Allan, was granted unconditional bail ahead of his next court appearance.
- 1 Fears Ipswich's best-known landmarks are at risk
- 2 'Extra-cautionary' Covid measures reintroduced at Kesgrave High
- 3 New barber's shop opens on Ipswich shopping parade
- 4 'The village already can't cope' - Concerns over 114-home plan
- 5 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 6 Can you spot yourself in our first class school pictures from 2002?
- 7 Town centre delays following accident
- 8 Rail services disrupted for 4 hours as line blocked near Ipswich
- 9 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 10 Four arrested after drug warrant carried out at Ipswich property