Man allegedly made racially aggravated comment to shop worker
- Credit: Google Maps
A man was arrested in Ipswich after allegedly making a racially aggravated comment to a shop worker.
A man entered Coes Newsagents, in Thoroughfare, at around 10.10am on Thursday, April 1 before entering into a conversation with a member of staff.
The man is said to have made a racially aggravated comment to the shop worker and acted in a confrontational manner.
Officers arrested a 39-year-old man in the town a short time later on suspicion of a Section 4 public order offence.
He was taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning and later released under investigation, pending further enquiries.
Anyone who witnessed the incident, saw any suspicious behaviour in the area at the time or has any knowledge should contact Suffolk police on 101, quoting crime number 37/16069/21.
Alternatively you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 4 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
- 5 Thieves use bank cards after stealing rucksack from Ipswich doorstep
- 6 Ipswich paedophile jailed for downloading indecent images of boys
- 7 Car ends up on side after crash involving parked car
- 8 Man who spat at neighbour in racist attack given community order
- 9 Meet the Ipswich 18-year-old who is now one of UK's youngest politicians
- 10 Drink-driver reversed into car while banned from the road