Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- Credit: Google Maps
A 22-year-old man has been charged with drink driving after a three-vehicle collision involving a police car at a busy junction in Ipswich.
The incident happened in Ranelagh Road, at the junction with London Road, at about 9pm on Wednesday, Suffolk police said.
Raymond Danes, of Pownall Road, has been charged with driving with excess alcohol for providing a breath sample of 110 micrograms in 100 millilitres of breath.
The legal limit is 35mg in 100ml of breath.
During the incident, a Ford Focus collided with a Seat Leon that was stationary at the traffic lights, which in turn collided with a police car.
Police were called to the scene and the driver of the Ford Focus was subsequently arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after failing a roadside breath test.
The suspect was taken to Martlesham police investigation centre for questioning.
- 1 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 2 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 3 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 4 10,000 listeners tune in to new Suffolk radio station
- 5 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 6 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 7 'Dire for hospitality in Ipswich' - grill owner hits out at hardship grants
- 8 'It's very frustrating': Anger as £150 stolen from charity shop in Felixstowe
- 9 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 10 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
Danes has been bailed to appear before Suffolk Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday, January 4.