Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- Credit: Paul Geater
Police are investigating the death of a man who had been found unconscious outside a block of flats in Ipswich.
They were called to Griffin Court in Brickfield Close - between Wherstead Road and Hawes Street - shortly after 2pm on Saturday where they found the man in his 20s.
He was taken to Ipswich Hospital by ambulance, but died on Saturday evening. His next of kin have been informed. Police described the death as "unexplained" and inquiries are continuing.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said on Saturday night that officers believe this is an isolated incident, with no wider threat to the community.
She said: "A cordon remains in place while an investigation is carried out." On Sunday morning there was still a police presence at the flats.
She asked for anyone who witnessed anything in the area or has any knowledge should contact Suffolk police, quoting reference: 37/17817/21
Any witnesses could also use the police contact website to give any information or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or via their online form: www.crimestoppers-uk.org or they could call the police 101 number.
- 1 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 2 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 3 Plans for new central Ipswich Travelodge now available to view online
- 4 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 5 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 6 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 7 Ipswich music producer's 'amazing' rise as global DJ's assistant
- 8 Breakdown on Orwell Bridge cleared after queues to Copdock roundabout
- 9 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 10 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role