Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- Credit: Paul Geater
Police are investigating the death of a man who had been found unconscious outside a block of flats in Ipswich.
They were called to Griffin Court in Brickfield Close - between Wherstead Road and Hawes Street - shortly after 2pm on Saturday where they found the man in his 20s.
He was taken to Ipswich Hospital by ambulance, but died on Saturday evening. His next of kin have been informed. Police described the death as "unexplained" and inquiries are continuing.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said on Saturday night that officers believe this is an isolated incident, with no wider threat to the community.
She said: "A cordon remains in place while an investigation is carried out." On Sunday morning there was still a police presence at the flats.
She asked for anyone who witnessed anything in the area or has any knowledge should contact Suffolk police, quoting reference: 37/17817/21
Any witnesses could also use the police contact website to give any information or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, or via their online form: www.crimestoppers-uk.org or they could call the police 101 number.
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 70 Kesgrave houses switch on for Festive Light Trail
- 4 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 5 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 6 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 7 Suffolk set to be battered by strong winds as weather warning issued
- 8 Could you offer these rescue animals a forever home?
- 9 'It's the dream becoming a reality' - SEND school appoints head
- 10 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station