Married couple accused of fraud appear in court
- Credit: Archant
A married couple accused of fraud will appear at the crown court in the new year.
Simon and Rebecca Toloui, of Main Road, Chelmondiston, appeared at Suffolk Magistrates' Court on Wednesday to face a charge of fraud by abuse of position but did not enter pleas.
It is alleged that a number of payments the couple received from Suffolk County Council to look after their disabled son were not used for his care.
Simon Toloui, 65, and Rebecca Toloui, 58, spoke only to confirm their personal details at the short preliminary hearing.
Magistrates declined jurisdiction and sent the case to the crown court.
The couple will next appear at Ipswich Crown Court on January 6, 2021 for a plea and trial preparation hearing.
Magistrates released the couple on conditional bail ahead of their next court appearance.
- 1 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 2 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 3 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 4 Kesgrave care home manager denies hosting party in breach of Covid rules
- 5 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 6 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
- 7 School with 'sky high' ambitions aims to be 'best in Ipswich'
- 8 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure
- 9 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 10 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before