Men arrested after £48k worth of cannabis found at property in Copdock
- Credit: Suffolk police
Around six kilogrammes of suspected cannabis, with a street value of £48,000, has been recovered after two men were arrested.
Officers from the Serious Crime Disruption Team - which works to disrupt serious and organised gangs whose criminal activity focuses on issues such as drug supply and robbery/burglary - along with officers from the Op Sentinel team conducted a warrant at a property on Pearson’s Way in the Copdock area on Monday, August 16.
Two men were arrested and taken to Marltesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
A 39-year-old male was released under investigation pending further enquiries, while 56-year-old Robert Daly of Pearson’s Way was charged with possession with intent to supply cannabis.
Daly appeared before Ipswich Magistrates' Court on Tuesday, August 17 and was further remanded to next appear at Ipswich Crown Court on a date to be confirmed.
A police spokesman appealed for anyone suspecting that drug dealing is taking place in their area or seeing anything suspicious or out of place to contact Suffolk police.
He said: "You don’t have to be certain, just concerned."
- 1 Crash involving ambulance closes Ipswich road
- 2 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 3 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 4 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 5 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 6 Ipswich salon to offer free gent's haircut at Suffolk Show
- 7 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 8 Notcutts submit detailed plans for 14 homes on the edge of Ipswich
- 9 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 10 Parking woes for shop parade hit by 'continous roadworks'
Call police on 101, or alternatively contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555111 to report anonymously